Load a Commissary Account Via Mail
- Money order
- Certified or cashier's check
- PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
All payments must be in the exact amount desired. No change will be given
To load a commissary account via mail for prisoners located in the Metro and Oxbow Jails, please follow the instructions below:
- Look up the prisoner's Sheriff's Office prisoner number (SO#) online or by calling 801-743-5000.
- Be sure to write the prisoner's SO# on both the envelope and the payment method (if applicable)
- Your payment amount must be exact. No change will be given.
- Write the prisoner SO# and your return address on the envelope. Both are required.
- Mail the funds to the address below.
Prisoner's Name (and SO#)
c/o Salt lake County Metro Jail
3415 S. 900 W.
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
- Review the guidelines below to ensure there are no problems or delays with your payment.
- Money orders, cashier checks or a certified bank check not made out to the prisoner or lacking a return address of the sender, is contraband and will be placed in the prisoner's property.
- No receipt will be issued for payments made via mail.
- If money is received after a prisoner is released, checks and money orders will be mailed back to the sender. Cash will be added to the prisoner's account balance which the prisoner may request after release from the jail.
- Always remember to write the prisoner's name and SO# on the envelopes and money orders. This expedites delivery of prisoner mail and allows for quicker deposits on the prisoner's account.